update latest version
I can download the latest version, but the old one is still there and it is the one that opens automatically. I want a more recent version that imports my bookmarks, preferences, etc. and overlays the old one. I don't want both of them on my computer.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.0.0
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100503 Firefox/3.6.4
- Quit Firefox.
- In Finder, open the Applications folder.
- Drag the Firefox application to the trash. If you have multiple copies, do this for all of them.
- Install the latest version of Firefox.
You can find the full version of the current Firefox 29.0.1 release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here: