Anyone else having problems with their tabs since the last update? I can't open new tabs and last night all my open tabs disappeared
It seems since the most recent update, there is a problem with Firefox, particularly with the tabs. I can't click on the + and open a new tab now (although if I click on a link from an email, a new tab will open). Also, the + bar is really wide on my tab bar, so I can't see all the open tabs I have. Finally, I have Firefox set to reopen all the tabs that were open in my previous session and this morning none of them opened, only the ones I have saved as home pages. This is really frustrating. I had several tabs that I left opened because I was in the middle of some research and now I have to start again. What the heck is going on??
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.117
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0
Many tab features appear broken. The devs seem to consider these bugs features now. It would be nice to have the elegant, functional tab interface back.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
You can check for problems caused by a corrupted localstore.rdf file.