Fix problems with email providers (gmail, Yahoo, etc.)
Learn how to fix problems with Gmail, Yahoo and other email providers
- Sending and Receiving Messages on Thunderbird This article explains the sending and receiving functions in Thunderbird.
- Configuring Email Aliases Instructions for configuring email aliases in Thunderbird using filters and identities
- FAQ Changing IMAP to POP As of Thunderbird 3, the new [[Automatic Account Configuration]] Wizard can help you configure your connection to your email provider, but only if your provider is in Mozilla's database of Internet Service Providers or recognized by Thunderbird. While most of the large providers are included, many smaller ones are not yet in the account configuration database. If your mail server supports both IMAP and POP, Thunderbird will use IMAP by default. POP is also supported but must be manually configured using the following instructions
- ISP Database Thunderbird uses automatic configuration of the connection to mail servers. This article shows how to add ISP configuration data to the database.
- FAQ AOL email Sent Folder As of February 2010, AOL email accounts no longer automatically store sent messages in Thunderbird's '''Sent''' message folder. However, you can manually configure Thunderbird to do this.