Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems
Troubleshoot error messages on Thunderbird.
- Fix problems with email providers (gmail, Yahoo, etc.) Learn how to fix problems with Gmail, Yahoo and other email providers
- Avoiding Quota Limits on Mail Servers This article explains how you can keep your mail server under your storage's limit and what you can do if you get a warning like "over quota", "quota exceeded" or "mailbox for user is full".
- Cannot receive messages Troubleshooting information for if you are having problems receiving messages.
- Configuring Email Aliases Instructions for configuring email aliases in Thunderbird using filters and identities
- Sending and Receiving Messages on Thunderbird This article explains the sending and receiving functions in Thunderbird.
- Why does Thunderbird warn me that my server doesn't use encryption? This article explains why Thunderbird displays a warning if you set up an account which doesn't use encryption in order to protect your connection.
- Rebuilding the Global Database The Global Database, Gloda for short, is part of the indexing system that enables the search function. Rebuilding the Global Database will initiate a re-indexing of emails and address book cards (newsgroup messages are not indexed).
- Cannot delete messages This article explains how to fix issues with message deletion caused by a corrupted trash folder.
- FAQ Changing IMAP to POP If your mail server supports both IMAP and POP, Thunderbird will use IMAP by default. Use these instructions to manually configure a POP account.
- Safe Mode Thunderbird Thunderbird's Safe Mode is used for troubleshooting and fixing problems. We'll explain how to get into Safe Mode and what the various options do.
- Small Resolution Screens Smaller devices often have a screen resolution of 1024 x 600 or less. Thunderbird is not yet optimized to display at this resolution.
- ISP Database Thunderbird uses automatic configuration of the connection to mail servers. This article shows how to add ISP configuration data to the database.
- Plugin Crash Reports TB This article describes what happens when a Thunderbird plugin (such as Adobe's Flash player) crashes, and how Thunderbird crash reports are handled.
- Mozilla Crash Reporter TB The Mozilla Crash Reporter dialog box appears when Thunderbird crashes and lets you send a crash report. Learn how it works and how to access your crash reports.
- Thunderbird can't be opened after you install it on a Mac - How to fix How to install Thunderbird on your Mac when you see this error: "Thunderbird can't be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed."