Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems
Troubleshoot error messages on Thunderbird.
- Fix problems with email providers (gmail, Yahoo, etc.) Learn how to fix problems with Gmail, Yahoo and other email providers
- Profiles - Where Thunderbird stores your messages and other user data Thunderbird saves personal information such as messages, passwords and user preferences in a set of files called a "profile".
- Safe Mode Thunderbird Thunderbird's Safe Mode is used for troubleshooting and fixing problems. We'll explain how to get into Safe Mode and what the various options do.
- Cannot send messages If you cannot send messages, this page provides a series of steps you can use to check for common problems.
- Mozilla Crash Reporter TB The Mozilla Crash Reporter dialog box appears when Thunderbird crashes and lets you send a crash report. Learn how it works and how to access your crash reports.
- Sending and Receiving Messages on Thunderbird This article explains the sending and receiving functions in Thunderbird.
- FAQ Changing IMAP to POP If your mail server supports both IMAP and POP, Thunderbird will use IMAP by default. Use these instructions to manually configure a POP account.
- Cannot receive messages If you cannot receive messages, this page provides a series of steps you can use to check for common problems.
- Hyperlinks in Messages Not Working When clicking hyperlinks in email, your default web browser should open and display their content. Learn why that may fail and why links may not be clickable.
- Cannot delete messages This article explains how to fix issues with message deletion caused by a missing or corrupted trash folder.
- Rebuilding the Global Database Rebuilding the Global Database will initiate a re-indexing of emails and address book cards (newsgroup messages are not indexed).