Firefox is slow or stops working
Slowness or hanging
- Firefox Health Report says your browser is running slower than usual If the Firefox Health Report says that your browser is running slow, try a refresh to reset Firefox and make it fast again.
- Firefox takes a long time to start up This article describes some causes of a long start up time and steps you can take to improve it.
- Firefox is slow - How to make it faster The article covers the steps you can take to make Firefox run faster.
- Firefox hangs or is not responding - How to fix When Firefox hangs, it stops responding to your clicks and doesn't seem to do anything. This article covers the various solutions depending on when they happen.
- Firefox is slow after updating to Firefox 38 If Firefox 38 is slow to respond after the recent update, disabling hardware acceleration or updating your graphics driver should help. Here's how to do that.
- Firefox uses too much memory (RAM) - How to fix This article describes how to make Firefox use less memory to make it run faster and prevent crashes.
- Firefox uses too many CPU resources - How to fix At times, Firefox may require significant CPU resources to display content. We'll show you options for fixing this if this if it is happening too often.
- Firefox does not work - Common fixes to get you back up and running Find solutions to Firefox issues like crashing, not starting, slowness and websites not loading.