Update Firefox to the latest version
- Revision id: 80272
- Creator: AliceWyman
- Comment: Firefox download link - see discussion
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
By default, Firefox is set to automatically update itself but you can always do a manual update. Here's how:
Note: If you are updating Firefox at work, please check with your IT department if you run into problems.
Note: If you use your Linux distribution's packaged version of Firefox, you will need to wait for an updated package to be released to its package repository. This article only applies if you installed Firefox manually (without using your distribution's package manager).
- At the top of the Firefox window click the button, go over to the menu and select .At the top of the Firefox window click the menu and select .Click the menu button , click help and select .On the menu bar click the menu and select .
- The About Firefox window will open and Firefox will begin checking for updates and downloading them automatically.
- When the updates are ready to be installed, click
Important: If the update didn't start, didn't complete or there was some other problem, please download and install a fresh copy using this download link. Alternatively, you can visit this page to select a download for your language and operating system.
To change update settings, see Advanced panel - Accessibility, browsing, network, updates, and other advanced settings in Firefox.