Update Firefox to the latest version
- Revision id: 111713
- Creator: AliceWyman
- Comment: replaced www.mozilla.org with direct download link - see discussion
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: AliceWyman
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: AliceWyman
By default, Firefox is set to automatically update itself but you can always do a manual update. Here's how:
Note: If you use your Linux distribution's packaged version of Firefox, you will need to wait for an updated package to be released to its package repository. This article only applies if you installed Firefox manually (without using your distribution's package manager).
- Click the menu button , click help and select .On the menu bar click the menu and select .
- The About Firefox window will open and Firefox will begin checking for updates and downloading them automatically.
- When the updates are ready to be installed, click
Important: If the update didn't start, didn't complete or there was some other problem, please use this download link or go to the Systems & Languages page to download and install the latest Firefox version for your system and language (see How to download and install Firefox on WindowsInstall Firefox on LinuxHow to download and install Firefox on Mac for instructions).
To change update settings, see Advanced panel - Accessibility, browsing, network, updates, and other advanced settings in Firefox.