By default, Firefox updates automatically. You can always check for updates at any time, in which case an update is downloaded, but it is not installed until you restart Firefox.
- Click the menu button at the right side of the Firefox toolbar, go to , and select .In the menu bar, open the The menu and choose .About Mozilla FirefoxAbout Firefox window will open.
- Firefox will check for updates automatically. If an update is available, it will be downloaded.
- When the download is complete, click
- If you use Firefox to download the installer: Save the download to your computer and then close Firefox before starting the installation.
- Stay safe: Download only from the official Mozilla links above to avoid malware and other online threats.
Note: Update settings can be changed in FirefoxOptionsPreferencesSettings .
In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click and select .Click the menu button and select .Click the menu button and select .In the panel, go to the Firefox Updates section.