The thumbnails on the new tab page are missing - how to get them back
- Revision id: 51615
- Creator: Verdi
- Comment: Updated low performing article to address comments left by users, removed old content
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: Verdi
The Firefox New Tab page shows pictures of the sites you visit frequently. Sometimes, some or all of these images are not displayed. We'll explain why that happens and how to get them back when it's possible.
Toggle the images back on
There is a small grid button in the upper-right corner of the page that toggles the images on and off. You may just need to click it to turn them on.
Make Firefox create new images for the new tab page
The images will get re-stored as you use the new tab page to go to those websites again.
- Open the new tab page by clicking the button on the tab strip.
- Click on one of the blank images to go to a website. Note, that it works only for left-click, opening in new tab doesn't do the trick.
- This is important - let the website finish loading (wait for the spinning greenblueorange loading icon in the tab to stop).
- Open the new tab page again and you will see a new image for the website you just went to.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the missing images.