Set SIM PIN on Firefox OS
- Revision id: 60985
- Creator: jsavage
- Comment: changed screenshot and edited the wording a little
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: jsavage
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: jsavage
You can add a SIM PIN to prevent access to your SIM card. When enabled, any device containing the SIM card will request you to enter the PIN on startup.
Setting the SIM PIN
In order to be able to set the SIM PIN it would have to be done in the settings section of the phone.
- Tap on to open the Settings.
- Scroll down to
- To turn on the SIM PIN, tap the switch to toggle it on.
- The blue color means that the PIN is activated.
- You will then be asked to create a 4-6 digit SIM PIN.
Changing the PIN
To change the SIM PIN, you would have to go the same place in your settings but do the following instead:
- Tap the
- Enter a new SIM PIN.