Set Screen Lock on Firefox OS
- Revision id: 38383
- Creator: iNerd
- Comment: Edited, changed some screenshots, changed search results.
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: feer56
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
The screen lock feature allows you to make your phone more secure.
Setting the lock
1. Tap .
2. Scroll down to, and tap .
3. On the resulting screen you will have 2 options:
- - Provides no protection, allowing you to quickly access the homescreen.
- - Allows you to set a four-digit passcode, which protects your phone from intrusions.
Changing your Passcode
You can change your pass code as often as you want by tapping on thebutton at the bottom of the Phone lock settings panel.
When you do this, a dialog will appear, requiring you to type in your current passcode.
Once you type in your passcode, a dialog will appear, allowing you to type a new passcode. Once you are done, tap thebutton.
You can also add a SIM PIN to prevent access to your SIM card.
When enabled,any device containing the SIM card will request PIN upon restart.
To activate it, tap on . Then scroll down toThe SIM PIN is not the same as the passcode used to unlock your phone! , and tap on .