Restore the Menu bar in Firefox
The File Edit View History Bookmarks Tools Help Menu bar in Firefox is hidden by default. It's also missing when Firefox is in full screen mode or if the file storing your toolbar information has become corrupt. We'll show you how to fix each of these.
If the Firefox Menu bar is missing, it is usually because Firefox is in full screen mode or it is not the selected application. We'll show you how to fix these.
Table of Contents
Show the menu bar again
- Click the menu button and choose .
- Click to save your changes.
Turn off full screen mode
Here's how to turn off full screen mode so you can see the menu bar again.
- Click the menu button on the right side of the toolbar.
- Click the full screen button
Firefox is not the selected application
Your Mac will always display the menu bar for the program that's currently selected. Look at the name next to the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen. If it doesn't say Firefox, click anywhere on the Firefox window to select it again.
Fix corrupted toolbars and controls
If the file storing your toolbar information has become corrupt, you can use the Refresh Firefox feature to restore the default toolbar settings and controls.
- Click this Refresh Firefox button directly, if you are viewing this page in Firefox.
This won't work if you are using a different browser or on a mobile device.
- You can also find a Refresh Firefox button at the top of the Firefox about:support Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close to refresh itself. When finished, a window will list your imported information. Click and Firefox will open.
Last Update: 2018-11-18