Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page
- Revision id: 22747
- Creator: AliceWyman
- Comment: First draft
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Ibai
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
This article will help you remove unwanted third-party toolbars from Firefox.
- If you need help removing a search engine from the Firefox Search Bar, see the Use the search bar in Firefox article.
- If you need help with toolbar customization or if you simply want to hide a toolbar, see Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars
Using the Add-ons manager to remove a toolbar
In most cases, third-party toolbars can be uninstalled from Firefox Add-ons manager Extensions list, as follows:
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the buttonOn the menu bar, click on the menuAt the top of the Firefox window, click on the , and then click menu . The Add-ons Manager tab will open. Click the menu button and choose . The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the panel.
- Select the toolbar you wish to remove.
- Click the When prompted, click to confirm.
- Click Restart now if it pops up. Your tabs will be saved and restored after the restart.
If you can't remove the toolbar, use the 'Disable" option as a workaround, or see the Cannot remove an add-on (extension or theme) article for other solutions.
Restoring the default home page or search settings
If the toolbar changed your Firefox search or home page, you may need to reset your preferences and restore the default search engine. A simple way to do that is with the SearchReset add-on.