Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings
- Click this Refresh Firefox button directly, if you are viewing this page in Firefox.
This won't work if you are using a different browser or on a mobile device.
- You can also find a Refresh Firefox button at the top of the Firefox about:support Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close to refresh itself. When finished, a window will list your imported information. Click and Firefox will open.
What does the refresh feature do?
All of your Firefox settings and personal information are stored in a profile folder. The refresh feature works by creating a new profile folder for you while saving your important data.
Add-ons which are normally stored inside the Firefox profile folder, such as extensions and themes, will be removed. Add-ons stored in other locations, such as plugins, will not be removed but any modified preferences (such as plugins you have disabled) will be reset.
Firefox will save these items:
- Browsing and download history
- Open windows and tabs
- Web form auto-fill information
- Personal dictionary
These items and settings will be removed:
- Security certificate and device settings
- Plugin settings
- User styles