When you update Firefox, it automatically checks your add-ons and updates them to compatible versions when possible. If an add-on can't be updated and is no longer compatible, Firefox turns it off. This article shows you how to update those add-ons and get them working again.
Table of Contents
Check for new versions of your add-ons
Firefox checks for new versions of your add-ons once a day and updates them automatically. You can manually check for new versions at any time.
- Click on the menu button to expand the menu panel.
- Click . The Add-ons Manager page will open.
- Click on the Add-ons Manager page and select
- Click the "Restart now to complete installation" link if prompted.
Search for updates on the add-on's website
Some add-on makers have different versions of their add-on for different versions of Firefox so updating through the Add-on Manager doesn't work. In this case, an update might be available on the add-on's website.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, find the incompatible add-on on the list. Click on the More link to see more information about that add-on, and then click on the link next to Homepage. You will be taken to the home page for that add-on.
- Download the latest version of the add-on from the add-on home page.
Search for alternatives
There may be other add-ons with similar features that are compatible with your version of Firefox. The Add-ons site is a good place to find alternatives.