Privacy and security settings
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Control your personal information
- Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox
- Passwords, forms, search and history – control what Firefox suggests
- What are Cookies and how to manage them
- Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox
- Private Browsing - Use Firefox without saving history
- How do I make Firefox automatically complete web forms with my information?
- Clear recent searches from the Search bar
- Delete cookies to remove the information websites have stored on your computer
- Password Manager - Remember, delete, change and import saved passwords in Firefox
- Use a Master Password to protect stored logins and passwords
- How do I turn on the Do Not Track feature?
Configuring firewalls and blocking websites
- Block and unblock websites with parental controls
- Configure firewalls so that Firefox can access the Internet
- McAfee Security Center firewall prevents Firefox from connecting to the internet
- Norton 360 firewall prevents Firefox from connecting to the internet
- Windows Firewall prevents Firefox from connecting to the internet
- Add-ons that cause stability or security issues are put on a blocklist
- How to stop Firefox from making automatic connections
Stay safe online
Last Update: 2012-05-04