The Firefox OS Music app gives you a number of ways to listen to your music. Let's go through the basics.
Table of Contents
Find something to listen to
When you first open the Music app you'll find a beautiful, visual arrangement of song and album cover art. From here, just tap on what you want to listen to and lean back in your Lazy Boy.
Browse by album, artist, song and more
At the bottom of the Music app screen you have controls that let you browse though your music in different ways:
- Go to the start screen where your music is displayed visually.
- The Playlist menu lets you shuffle all your music, play the highest rated, recently added, most played and least played songs.
- This screen lets you browse by artist.
- Here you'll find music grouped by album.
- Looking for a particular song? Here you can browse by title.
Search through your music
Know exactly what you want? Find it quickly.
- Pull down on any screen in the Music app to reveal the search bar.
- Begin to type the name of artist, song or album and the app will display a list of matches.
- Then just tap on the one you want.
Once you're playing some music, you'll find the normal back, play/pause and forward buttons at the bottom of the screen.
If you tap on the artwork, you'll also bring up controls for repeating the song or album, ratings and shuffle.
- Tap stars 1 - 5 to rate a song.
- Tap the replay button once to repeat an album.
- Tap the replay button twice to repeat a song. Tap it a third time to cancel.
- Tap the shuffle button to randomize the order of the current album or playlist.
Of course you can continue to browse though the app while you're playing something. To return to the currently playing song and the audio controls, just tap the play button in the upper-right corner of the screen:
Want to continue listening to music without having the Music app take up your whole screen?
- You can browse other apps on your phone while the music is playing. Just swipe down from the top of your screen to access the music controls on your notification bar.
- You can also access the music controls while the screen lock is on.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/13vT3LI