Permissions Manager - Give certain websites the ability to store passwords, set cookies and more
- Revision id: 15936
- Creator: Verdi
- Comment: 1st draft
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Instead of hunting all over Firefox to change various website permissions, the Permissions Manager now collects them all in one place. You can customize permissions for individual sites or set the default permissions for all sites. This article will get you started.
Table of Contents
Using the Permissions Manager
First let's open the Permissions Manager:
- Type the words about:permissions into the location bar as if it were a website and hit enter. The current tab will be replaces by the Permissions Manager.
On the left hand side you'll see a search bar with a list of all the websites you've been to below it. The right hand side lists the various website permissions that Firefox stores.
What permissions can I manage?
The Permissions Manager gives you easy access to the following:
- Stored passwords: Allow or block Firefox from storing passwords for websites. Click Password Manager - Remember, delete, change and import saved passwords in Firefox for more information. to open the Passwords Manager where you can view or delete individual passwords. See
- Location sharing: Set Firefox to always ask for your permission, automatically allow or block it from sharing your current location. See the Location-Aware Browsing FAQ for more info.
- Cookies: Allow websites to set cookies, set them just for the current session or block them from being set. You can remove cookies by clicking Cookies - Information that websites store on your computer article for more. or manage individual cookies by clicking . See the
- Pop-up windows: Block or allow websites to open pop-up windows. See the Pop-up blocker settings, exceptions and troubleshooting article for details.
- Offline storage: Set websites to always ask for your permission, automatically allow or block them from storing information on your computer for use when you are offline.
Managing permissions for a single website
To work with a single website you have to select it from the list on the left side. You can quickly narrow down that long list by typing part of the site's address in the search box. Once you've selected a site, you can manage its permissions with the settings on the right.
Managing default permissions for all websites
To manage the default permissions for all websites select All Sites from the top of the list of websites. Now the settings on the right represent the default permissions for all websites.