PDF files are blank or cause an error message on Mac
- Revision id: 42339
- Creator: scoobidiver
- Comment: PDF Viewer since Fx 19, fixed nits
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: AliceWyman
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
When you install or update Adobe Reader, it installs a plugin for viewing PDF files inside Firefox and sets that as the default. The problem is that this plugin does not work. We'll explain how to fix that.
- If you are having issues when viewing PDF files with the build-in PDF Viewer, see instead Troubleshoot problems with the PDF viewer.
In order to view PDF files again follow these steps:
- On the menu bar, click on the menu and select .
- Select the panel.
- Type pdf into the search bar.
- For each content type listed, click on the drop-down menu in the Action column and change the selection to use Preview in Firefox (if available), Adobe Reader, Preview or PDF Browser Plugin (if you are using the Schubert PDF plugin).
- Close the Preferences window.
You can also view PDF files inside Firefox with Schubert|it PDF Browser Plugin.