Keyboard Shortcuts for Searching
- Revision id: 57283
- Creator: Dyvik Chenna
- Comment: Share this article added
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: user917725
- Is approved? No
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
This page shows the keyboard shortcuts for the various search functions in Thunderbird. For the full list of all keyboard shortcuts, see Keyboard Shortcuts .
Prior to version 3.1
In earlier versions (prior to 3.1) of Thunderbird, the/ + key combination invoked the function for searching for text in the currently selected message.
Version 3.1 to version 7
In subsequent versions prior to version 8, the/ + key combination was reassigned to invoke Quick Filter, which allows you to limit the messages currently displayed by specifying various filter parameters.
The keystroke combination for searching for text within a message was/ + , / + . (That is, the same key combination used twice in a row.)
Version 8 and later
As of Thunderbird version 8, the following keystrokes are assigned to search functions:
- Search All Messages (Global Search): + + +
- Quick Filter Bar (filter messages in current view): + + + + + +
- Search for messages in a folder (search dialog): + + + + + +
- Find text in current message: + + +
- Find again in current message: + or + or + or
- Find previous in current message: + + or + + + or + + + or +