Install an older version of Firefox
- Revision id: 23953
- Creator: Michael Verdi
- Comment: for fx13 - added information about reset firefox feature instead of older recomendations
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: Verdi
Often when there is a problem with a Firefox update, people look for a way to go back to the previous version. That usually doesn't solve the problem and will make your computer and information vulnerable to attack. This article gives you some alternatives to downgrading.
Installing a previous version doesn't fix most problems
Problems with an update are generally not caused by the new version of Firefox, but rather the update process. Installing a previous version will not help in most cases. Instead, see:
- How to fix the Update Failed error message when updating Firefox
- Fix problems connecting to websites after updating Firefox
Other problems can be solved with the Reset Firefox feature. It restores Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.
I still want to downgrade — where can I get the previous version?Although Mozilla has a website with old versions of Firefox for testing purposes, it is not recommended that you use anything but the latest version.
If you can't use the latest version of Firefox, we recommend that you use the latest version of another browser: