Install an older version of Firefox
- Revision id: 17465
- Creator: scoobidiver
- Comment: previous edit is more than typo or spelling error
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: scoobidiver
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: scoobidiver
This article describes how to install a previous version of Firefox, a process also known as "downgrading". For instructions on how to install a newer version, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
Installing a previous version doesn't fix most problems
Problems with an update are generally not caused by the new version of Firefox, but rather the update process. Installing a previous version will not help in most cases. Instead, see:
- How to fix the Update Failed error message when updating Firefox
- Fix problems connecting to websites after updating Firefox
I still want to downgrade — where can I get the previous version?
Firefox 3.6 is the last previous Firefox version that is still being maintained with security and stability updates. To downgrade to Firefox 3.6, download and run its installer from this page.