Install an older version of Firefox
- Revision id: 14270
- Creator: scoobidiver
- Comment: From the previous edit, changed article links
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: Verdi
This article describes how to install a previous version of Firefox, a process also known as "downgrading". For instructions on how to install a newer version, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
Installing a previous version doesn't fix most problems
Problems after upgrading Firefox are generally not caused by the new version itself, but rather the upgrade process. Installing a previous version will not help for most problems. To get help, see:
- Common questions after upgrading from Firefox 3.6
- Fix problems connecting to websites after updating Firefox
Other problems can be solved by creating a new profile.
I still want to downgrade — where can I get the previous version?
If you still want to downgrade to a previous version, you can do so by downloading and running it's installer from this page.