How to use Reader Mode on Firefox for Android
Firefox for Android has a beautiful Reader Mode that strips away all of a website's clutter so you can focus on what you're reading. Don't have time to finish what you're reading? Just add it to your reading list and finish it later. We'll show how it all works.
Table of Contents
Enable and disable Reader Mode
- Just tap the Reader Mode icon
in the address bar. Tap it again to exit and return to the regular page.
Add articles to your reading list
You can easily save a list of things you want to come back to and read later.
- If you tap and hold the Reader Mode icon in the address bar, the page you're on will be added to your reading list.
- If you're already in Reader Mode and want to finish what you are reading later, you can add that article to your reading list. Just tap the screen to bring up the controls and press the add button to put the current article on your list.
Access your reading list
Open your reading list from anywhere.
- Tap the address bar or open a new tab to bring up your home screen.
- Swipe to the left on your home screen until you're on the Reading List panel.
Customize the way things look in Reader Mode
Change the size of the text, switch fonts or change the theme from light to dark for reading in the dark.
- In Reader Mode, tap the screen to bring up the controls and then tap the
Share your favorites
Share a link to the page you're reading on social networks or over email and text messages.
- In Reader Mode, tap the screen to bring up the controls and then tap the share button on the right.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/1CmRL4K