This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Firefox Home gives you instant access to your Firefox desktop history, open tabs and bookmarks on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Since it works with Firefox Sync on your desktop you'll have to set that up first. Once that's done, you'll just need to connect Firefox Home to your Firefox Sync account.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Set up Firefox Sync on your desktop
In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click and select .Click the menu button and select .Click the menu button and select .. In the OptionsPreferences window, click on the tab.
- This is your Sync KeyRecovery Key. Now is a good time to save or print a copy of your key and store it somewhere safe. When you are done with this step, click .
The Sync KeyRecovery Key is used to encrypt your data before it's sent to the Mozilla servers. Think of it as a key that locks your information in a vault that only you can open. This means that neither Mozilla nor anyone else can read your information without having your Sync KeyRecovery Key to unlock it.
- Confirm that you are not a robot by entering the text from the image. Then click .
- You will see a Setup Complete! message. Click
to close the setup window and take you back to the Sync panel.
- You do not need to do anything else. Firefox Sync will automatically sync your data in the background from here on. This first sync should happen quickly but may take more than 30 minutes depending on how much information needs to be synced.
Part 2: Get the easy setup code from Firefox Home
The template "iphonecode" does not exist or has no approved revision.
Part 3: Connect Firefox Home to your Sync account
Enter the setup code on your desktop to connect Firefox Home to your Sync account
- On the device you want to add, launch Firefox and click on the menu button .
- Click on at the bottom of the menu.
- In the panel that opens, click .
- On the Sign In page, enter the same email address and password you used on your other device.
- After you've signed in, Firefox will start syncing your information. You're all done!
What if I'm not near my computer?
If you are trying to add Firefox Home to your Sync account and you're not near your computer so that you can enter the code, you can still get it done by entering your account information.
- From the Connect to Sync screen, tap I am not near my computer...
- Next, enter your Account (email address), Password, Sync KeyRecovery Key and tap . Your Sync Key is a long series of characters that was created for you when you set up your Sync account. You can find it by following the instructions in Where can I find my Sync Key?Your Recovery Key is a long series of characters that was created for you when you set up your Sync account. You can find it by following the instructions in Where can I find my Recovery Key?
Part 2: Connect Firefox Home to your Sync account
Do these steps in Firefox Home.
The template "addiphone" does not exist or has no approved revision.
Now that I’ve set up Firefox Home, how do I use it?
Search, Tabs and Bookmarks are available by tapping the buttons at the bottom of the app window. When using search just type words related to the website you are trying to find. Firefox Home will search through the titles and urls of your open tabs, bookmarks and browsing history to find a match. See the How to use Firefox Home on your iOS device (iPhone and iPad) article for detailed instructions.