This article explains how to install Firefox on Windows, either with a simple online installer from Mozilla, or from the Microsoft Store.
- If you need a full, offline installer with custom options, see Custom installation of Firefox on Windows.
- To update Firefox from a previous version, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
Table of Contents
Install from Mozilla's download server
To install Firefox on your computer:
- Visit this Firefox download page in any browser, such as Microsoft Edge.
- Click the Windows 10 may show you a warning when installing apps that aren't from the Microsoft store. See Windows 10 warns me to use a "Microsoft-verified" app for more information.
button. The Firefox Installer that downloads will automatically offer you the best available version of Firefox for your computer.
- Click Open file in the Downloads notification on Microsoft Edge to start the process.
- In other browsers, you may need to first save the Firefox installer to your computer, then open the file you downloaded.
Note: If you see an Open File - Security Warning dialog, click or .
- The User Account Control dialog may open, to ask you to allow the Firefox Installer to make changes to your computer. If this dialog appears, click
- Wait for Firefox to finish installing.
- When the installation is complete, Firefox will open.
Congratulations, you are done installing Firefox!
Double-click the Firefox icon that was placed on the desktop whenever you want to start Firefox.
Install from the Microsoft Store
- Click on the Windows icon located on the taskbar.
- Type Microsoft Store.
- Select the Microsoft Store from the results. This will take you to the Microsoft app store.
- Type Firefox in the search bar and press Enter.
- Select Mozilla Firefox from the applications available.
- Click to start the installation process.
To learn more, see Download Firefox on Windows from the Microsoft Store.
Here are some articles that can help you:
- Make Firefox your default browser
- Firefox won't start - find solutions
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems
If you need more help, you can always get community support.