How to download and install Firefox on Windows
This article describes how to download and install Firefox on Windows.
- To update from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest version.
Before installing Firefox, see the Firefox System Requirements to make sure that your computer has the required operating system and recommended hardware.
Do not install Firefox using a limited Windows XP account. For more information, see Microsoft's support article How to determine your user account type in Windows.
- Visit this Firefox download page in any browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the this download link for the latest English (U.S.) Firefox version.
For advanced users: The Firefox download page linked above automatically chooses the best available version of Firefox for your computer and provides an online (stub) installer. If you need a full, offline installer or if you want to choose the language and operating system, visit the Systems & Languages page. You can download either the Windows (32-bit) Firefox version or, for 64-bit operating systems with Windows 7 and above, the Windows 64-bit version of Firefox (see this blog post for details).
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, a notification bar will appear at the bottom of the page with the options to run the installer or save the file to your computer. Click to start the process.
button to download the Firefox installer. The page will automatically recommend the best version of Firefox for you. Alternatively, use
- In other browsers, you may need to first save the Firefox installer to your computer, then open the file you downloaded. Note: If you see an Open File - Security Warning dialog, click.
- Then, just click
(we’ve made the process as effortless as possible).
- Congratulations, you are done installing Firefox!
- Double-click on the Firefox icon whenever you want to go online.
Here are some articles that can help you:
- Firefox won't start - find solutions
- "Firefox is already running but is not responding" error message - How to fix it
- If you see the message, Firefox cannot be installed. This version of Firefox requires a processor with SSE2 support. see Your hardware is no longer supported.