How do I set up Firefox Sync?
Sync lets you share your data and preferences (such as your bookmarks, history, passwords, open tabs and installed add-ons) across all your devices. This article shows you how to set up Sync.
Sync lets you share your data and preferences (such as your bookmarks, history, passwords, open tabs, Reading List and installed add-ons) across all your devices. This article shows you how to set up Firefox Sync.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Create a Firefox Sync account
- Click the menu button
, then click
. The Firefox Sync page will open in a new tab.
- Note: If you don't see a Sync section in the menu, you are still signed in to the old version of Sync. Please see How to update to the new Sync.
- Click the button.
- Fill out the form to create an account and click . Take note of the email address and password you used, you'll need it later to log in.
- Check your emails for the verification link and click on it to confirm your email address. You're ready to go!
- To connect your other devices to Firefox Sync continue with Part 2.
Part 2: Connect additional devices to Firefox Sync
All you have to do is log in and let Sync do the rest. To log in you need the email address and password you used in Part 1.
- Click the menu button , and then .
- Click the button to open the Create a Firefox account page.
- Click on the Already have an account? Sign in link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the email and password you used to create your new Sync account.
- After you've signed in, Firefox Sync will start synchronizing your information across your connected devices.
To connect your mobile devices, see:
- Android phones and tablets:: Sync bookmarks, tabs, history and passwords on Android
Remove a device from Sync
- Click the menu button to expand the menu.
- Click on your Sync account name (usually your email address) to open the Sync preferences.
- Click . Your device will no longer be synchronized.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/11fi64Z