How do I set up Sync on my computer?
Sync lets you share your data and preferences (such as your bookmarks, history, passwords, open tabs, Reading List and installed add-ons) across all your devices. This article shows you how to set up Sync.
Table of Contents
Setting up Sync requires two parts: you must create an account on your main device, then sign in to your account using your other devices. Here are the steps in detail:
Create a Sync account
- Click the menu button
, then click
- Click the button.
- Fill out the form to create an account and click . Take note of the email address and password you used, you'll need it later to log in.
- Check your emails for the verification link and click on it to confirm your email address. You're ready to go!
- To connect your other devices to Sync, continue on to the next section.
Connect additional devices to Sync
All you have to do is log in and let Sync do the rest. To log in you need the email address and password you used in the previous section.
- Click the menu button , and then .
- Click the button to open the Create a Firefox account page.
- Click on the Have an account? Sign in link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the email and password you used to create your new Sync account.
- After you've signed in, Sync will start synchronizing your information across all your connected devices.
To connect your mobile devices, see:
- Android phones and tablets: Sync bookmarks, tabs, history and passwords on Android
- iPads, iPhones and iPod Touch devices: Sync your Firefox bookmarks and browsing history in iOS
Remove a device from Sync
- Click the menu button to expand the menu.
- Click on your Sync account name (usually your email address) to open the Sync preferences.
- Click . Your device will no longer be synchronized.