How do I install Firefox on an Android device?
- Revision id: 8676
- Creator: scoobidiver
- Comment: added other solutions to download, a troubleshooting section
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Firefox 4 Beta is now available for mobile devices running Android and Maemo (see Will Firefox work on my mobile device?).
Downloading and installing
To download Firefox on your mobile, there are several solutions:
- If you have a mobile browser, just go to: firefox.com/m/beta and click on the download button.
Note: Firefox 1.1 for the Nokia N900 and N810 (Maemo only) is available at firefox.com/m.
- If you have an Android phone, go to Android Market and look for Firefox.
- Install a code reader (we suggest searching for "QR reader" in your app store) and scan this code with your QR reader app:
- If the above solutions don't work and if you have a supported Android phone, you can download the app by typing this address from your mobile browser:
After the download is complete, go to your download folder, tap on the installation file and follow the on-screen prompts.
You may encounter the following problems:
- I have an error message saying: "The requested item could not be found".
- Firefox mobile does not show up in the Android Market.
It happens mainly for phones with incompatible hardware.
Even on some supported devices, a bug in the Market software prevents Firefox from showing up. This may be related to the fairly recent Android Market app update. If you go to Settings/Applications/Market and choose, you can uninstall the update, and then search for and install Firefox from the marketplace.