How do I install Firefox on an Android device?
- Revision id: 30583
- Creator: scoobidiver
- Comment: tap instead of click
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: mluna
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: mluna
This article shows you how to download and install Firefox for mobile on Android devices that meet the following requirements:
- Android 2.2 or higher
- an ARMv7 processor and a min clock frequency of 800MHz
- Approximately 17MB internal or SD storage. It runs best on devices with at least 512MB of RAM
- a min display resolution of 480 x 320
- support of OpenGL ES 2.0
For instructions about devices running Maemo or Meego, see instead http://store.ovi.com/publisher/Firefox.
If you have installed and set up sync for any version of Firefox Beta, Aurora, or Nightly, you must uninstall that version before setting up sync on Firefox for Android.
Downloading and installing Firefox
- To download and install Firefox on your device just go to mozilla.org/mobile and tap on the download button.
- The Google Play app will open the Firefox installation page.
- Tap the Install button.
- Accept permissions and begin the download.
- The installation will begin.
- Select the Allow automatic updates check box to be sure you get security updates every six weeks.
- Finally, tap the Open button