How do I install Firefox on an Android device?
- Revision id: 23325
- Creator: Tonnes
- Comment: Add breaks before images to prevent text lying on top of them (please make this a habit)
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: mluna
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
This article shows you how to download and install Firefox for mobile on Android devices.
- For instructions about devices running Maemo or Meego, see instead http://store.ovi.com/publisher/Firefox.
- Android 2.1 or higher.
- A device with an ARMv7 processor.
- Approximately 17MB internal or SD storage. It runs best on devices with at least 512MB of RAM.
If Firefox can't be found when trying to download or searching for it in Google Play, your device may not be supported. See Will Firefox work on my mobile device? for more information about supported devices.
Downloading and installing Firefox
- To download and install Firefox on your device just go to firefox.com/m and click on the download button.
- The Google Play app will open the Firefox installation page.
- Tap the Install button.
- Accept permissions and begin the download.
- The installation will begin.
- Tap the Open button when the download is complete.
- Select the Allow automatic updates check box to be sure you get security updates every six weeks.