How do I install Firefox on an Android device?
- Revision id: 19526
- Creator: Verdi
- Comment: change article for maemo users to say that firefox is no longer available
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: Verdi
Firefox is available for mobile devices running Android. This article explains how to download and install it and covers basic device requirements.
Downloading and installing Firefox
- To download and install Firefox on your device just go to firefox.com/m and click on the download button.
- The Android Market app will open to the Firefox installation page. Just tap install and then accept the permissions.
- Android 2.1 or higher.
- A device with an ARMv7 processor.
- Approximately 17MB internal or SD storage. It runs best on devices with at least 512MB of RAM.
If Firefox can't be found when trying to download or searching for it in the Android Market, your device may not be supported. See Will Firefox work on my mobile device? for more information about supported devices.
Firefox is no longer available for Maemo.