How do I install Firefox on an Android device?
- Revision id: 17821
- Creator: scoobidiver
- Comment: removed Maemo (insecure on Nov 8, 2011)
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Firefox is available for mobile devices running Android or Maemo. This article explains how to download and install it and covers basic device requirements.
Downloading and installing Firefox
- To download and install Firefox on your device just go to firefox.com/m and click on the download button.
- The Android Market app will open to the Firefox installation page. Just tap install and then accept the permissions.
- Android 2.1 or higher.
- A device with an ARMv7 processor.
- Approximately 17MB internal or SD storage. It runs best on devices with at least 512MB of RAM.
If Firefox can't be found when trying to download or searching for it in the Android Market, your device may not be supported. See Will Firefox work on my mobile device? for more information about supported devices.
- To download and install Firefox on your device just go to firefox.com/m and tap on the download button.
- Add the Firefox catalog.
- Check that you understand and tap
- Firefox will then be downloaded and installed.
Firefox is only available for the Nokia N900.