How do I install Firefox on an Android device?
- Revision id: 12552
- Creator: zzxc
- Comment: s/4 beta/4/
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: zzxc
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: zzxc
Firefox 4 is now available for mobile devices running Android and Maemo. This article explains how to download and install it and covers basic device requirements.
Downloading and installing Firefox
- To download and install Firefox on your device just go to firefox.com/m and click on the download button.
- The Android Market app will open to the Firefox installation page. Just tap install and then accept the permissions. After the download is complete, go to your download folder, tap on the installation file and follow the on-screen prompts.
Firefox 4 requires:
- Android 2.0 or higher.
- A device with an ARMv7 processor.
- Approximately 17MB internal or SD storage. It runs best on devices with at least 512MB of RAM.
If Firefox can't be found when trying to download or searching for it in the Android Market, your device may not be supported. See Will Firefox work on my mobile device? for more information about supported devices.
Firefox 4 is only available for the Nokia N900.