How do I download music, photos and videos from the browser?
- Revision id: 61053
- Creator: jsavage
- Comment: users can't download unless the default storage is set to "internal." this will change in v1.4, but we have to include a way around this in the meantime.
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: jsavage
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: jsavage
Firefox OS lets you easily put music, photos and videos on your device by downloading them from the browser. Here's how it works.
Note: This feature is available in Firefox OS version 1.1 and higher. Not sure what version of Firefox OS you have? Here's how to find out.
- First, make sure your default settings are set to internal media storage:
- In the Settings app, tap on Media storage.
- On the Default media location menu, select
- A message will notify you that this change will affect where your media will be saved. Proceed by tapping , then on the next screen .
- Open the Firefox browser and load the audio, video or photo file you want to save.
- Long-tap (press and hold) on the file for about 2 seconds to bring up the save dialog.
- Tap the
button and in a moment you will see a message saying where the file was saved.
- Audio files are saved in the Music app.
- Photos are saved in the Gallery app.
- Videos are saved in the Video app.