How to Customize the New Mail Sound
- Revision id: 117533
- Creator: Artist
- Comment: number markups, small text edits
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: buluma_michael
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: buluma_michael
When you receive a new email message, Thunderbird plays a sound to alert you. By default, it uses your operating system’s new mail notification, but you can change it to anything you like.
Change to a new mail sound
- At the top of the Thunderbird window, click the Alt + T) and select menu (In the menu bar, click the menu and select At the top of the Thunderbird window, click the , or click the Application menu button and choose menu and select .
- Click the tab.
- Select Use the following sound file. Note: If Use the following sound file is grayed out, ensure the Play a Sound box is checked.
- Click Tip: Sound files in other formats such as .MP3 can easily be converted to .WAV. Use a media player like iTunes to convert a file, or a freeware application available on the web., then browse to the folder on your computer that contains the .WAV audio file you want to use.
- Double-click on the sound file, then test it by clicking .
- Click to save your new mail sound.