How to contribute to Firefox OS – even if you're not technical and you don't have a device yet!
- Revision id: 35690
- Creator: Tonnes
- Comment: Emphasize the fact we’re talking about en-US articles
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: mluna
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: mluna
Be part of the new mobile OS from Mozilla!
You are invited to hack on the Mozilla Support wiki with us as part of the Firefox OS Apps Days. Yes, this support website is a wiki!
Our goal is to have 10 additional contributors to the English support wiki for Firefox OS.
To participate virtually:
- Get the Firefox OS simulator addon here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firefox-os-simulator/
- Try out the Firefox OS smartphone apps and features and pick something you like to document.
- Log in and create a new help article here: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/create-new-knowledge-base-article
It can be just a simple 3-step article (we want small articles for easy use on a mobile phone). Here is a sample article: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-contact-firefox-os
Click, then cut & paste the sample wiki text into your new article and change the wording for your procedure.
Here are some of the Firefox OS apps that need documentation:
Gallery Lock (home screen/passcode) Music SMS Video Calendar Dialer Utility tray Browser FM Radio Cost control Developer settings
We also have a list of existing Firefox OS articles that need more changes: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/contributors/need-changes
The goal is to have 30 contributors submit articles or edits to the knowledge base wiki every day, instead of the usual 20, will you be one of us?!
We'd love to have your participation in this worldwide event now and running through the end of the month of January, 2013.