This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Thanks for helping us by running these tests on your computer. You'll want to bookmark this page so you can come back to it later. It will also help to print these instructions out since you'll have to quit Firefox during the tests.
Ok — let's get started!
- Click this link http://people.mozilla.org/~akeybl/Firefox_10_Diagnosis.exe and then click to download the files you'll need for the tests (in a later step this exe file will be expanded into a whole folder of files).
- When the file is done downloading, double-click it in the download window to open it up.
- You'll be prompted to "extract" files. Click the
- Quit all open web browsers (Fireofox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.). For Firefox, click on the button ( menu in Windows XP) and then select .
- Now open your downloads folder. Inside it, you should see a folder labeled Firefox 10 Diagnosis.
- Open the Firefox 10 Diagnosis folder. Inside will be a lot of folders with numbers 0 through 16.
- Open folder "0" and double-click the firefox0.exe file inside.
- Note whether Firefox opens normally or if it crashes and you see the Crash Reporter window (you might want to write your results down so you can easily fill then into the form in step 10).
- If Firefox starts normally, click when it asks about making it the default browser and then Exit Firefox (Firefox button > Exit or File menu > Exit).
- If Firefox crashes, submit your crash report with the same email address we used to contact you.
- Continue by opening the other folders and double-clicking the firefox.exe files inside (for example inside the "1" folder, double-click "firefox1.exe").
- When you're done with all 16 tests, fill out this form with the results of each test. Also give us your info if you'd like us to send you a shirt to thank you for your time.
- Delete the Firefox 10 Diagnosis folder, you're done!
Thank you a lot for your help, we wouldn't be able to ship a stable Firefox without the help of users like you!