How can I get the latest version of Thunderbird on Windows XP or Vista?
- Revision id: 114901
- Creator: Michal Stanke
- Comment: According to https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1105122, the issue described here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/get-latest-version-firefox-windows-xp-vista affects Thunderbird too.
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: MattAuSupport
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: MattAuSupport
Although Thunderbird will run on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) or above, the latest installers for Thunderbird require Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3) or Windows Vista with update KB2763674. To work around this issue, a two-step process is necessary to install the latest version of Thunderbird. Windows XP and Vista users should follow these steps:
- Download and install Thunderbird up to version 38.5.0 (link to download).
- After installing this version you can use the Thunderbird updater to install the latest version of Thunderbird. See the article, Updating Thunderbird for details.
We're sorry for the inconvenience.