Forum rules and guidelines
- Revision id: 33271
- Creator: Andrew
- Comment: Breif corrections.
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
This page includes rules and guidelines for using the Firefox forums. We will assume good faith when dealing with violations; we will only warn or ban users who repeatedly or blatantly violate the rules.
- Posts in the Firefox support forum must be either questions about the use of Firefox or answers to those questions. Users who post about things other than Firefox support will be directed to an alternative discussion place (ex: mozillaZine) if appropriate.
- Users who post forum spam will have their posts removed. If a post that is otherwise appropriate includes links considered to be spam, those links will be removed.
- You can add an image, such as a "screenshot" of your computer screen. Added images must help explain a Firefox problem or solution. Inappropriate images will be removed. Note: Basic instructions for creating a screenshot are given in How do I create a screenshot of my problem?.
- Don't post any sensitive information (eg. email addresses, phone numbers etc.) Moderators will remove personal information from posts to protect your privacy.
- email addresses:
some users inadvertently post a name including or consisting of an email address
- Security - please note that most of the forums are both public and indexed by search engines, you risk at the least having your email address harvested and spammed
- Deliberately posted - if you deliberately include an email address please mention this in your profile.
- email addresses:
- Link to content rather than posting it in its entirety, unless you are the copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder.
- Do not use obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, or excessively violent language.
- Do not harass, insult, taunt, provoke, demean, or personally attack other forum members. Be friendly even if others are not; If you feel that you are abused please report it to an moderator or administrator.
- Create one thread and only one thread for each subject you want to discuss. For support requests, do not re-use existing threads started by others, even if they are seemingly on the same subject as this may cause confusion.
- Do not excessively "bump" a thread (post simply to get a thread to the top of the list).
- If you observe someone breaking a rule, or behaving in an otherwise questionable fashion, alert a moderator or an administrator. Do not try to deal with them yourself.
- Administrators have the final say in modifying, interpreting, and enforcing these rules.
Please also see our Legal Notices if required.