Forum rules and guidelines
- Revision id: 18730
- Creator: satdav
- Comment: made them stand out a bit better as it looked pure cluttered before
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: mluna
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
We will assume good faith when dealing with violations; we will only warn or ban users who repeatedly or blatantly violate the rules.
- Posts in the Firefox support forum or in Live Chat must be either questions about the use of Firefox or answers to those questions. Users who post about things other than Firefox support will be directed to an alternative discussion place (ex: mozillaZine) if appropriate.
- Users who post forum spam will have their posts removed. If a post that is otherwise appropriate includes links considered to be spam, those links will be removed.
- Don't post any sensitive information. Moderators will remove personal information from posts to protect your privacy.
- Link to content rather than posting it in its entirety, unless you are the copyright holder or have permission from the copyright holder.
- Do not use obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, or excessively violent language.
- Do not harass, insult, taunt, provoke, demean, or personally attack other forum members. Be friendly even if others are not.
- Create one thread and only one thread for each subject you want to discuss. For support requests, do not re-use existing threads started by others, even if they are seemingly on the same subject.
- Do not excessively "bump" a thread (post simply to get a thread to the top of the list).
- If you observe someone breaking a rule, or behaving in an otherwise questionable fashion, alert a moderator or an administrator. Do not try to deal with them yourself.
- Administrators have the final say in modifying, interpreting, and enforcing these rules.
See also our Legal Notices.