Font size and zoom - increase the size of web pages
The zoom controls allow you to increase or decrease either the size of a whole web page or just the size of all the text in order to improve readability. We'll explain how it works.
Table of Contents
Zoom in and out of a website
Here's how you can zoom in and out of individual websites.
- Click the menu button
on the right. The customization menu will open and you will see the zoom controls at the top.
- Use the You can also see the current zoom level in the address bar: button to zoom in, and the button to zoom out. The number in the middle is the current zoom level - click it to reset the zoom to 100%.
How to only change the size of the text
Instead of changing the size of everything, you can just change the size of the text.
- Press the Alt key to temporarily bring up the traditional Firefox menus. On the menu at the top, click , then go to .
- Select . This makes the controls only change the size of text; not images.
Set a minimum text size
You can set Firefox to automatically display all text at a minimum font size. If a web page contains text that is smaller, Firefox increases the font size of the text to this minimum.
- Click the menu button and choose . .
- Select the and go down to Language and Appearance. panel
- In the Fonts & Colors section, click .
- In the Minimum Font Size drop-down, select the minimum size in pixels in which all text must be displayed.
- Click to save your changes.