This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Figure out if it’s Firefox or the website that’s causing the problem?
- Open a new tab and check to see if you can load another website like google.com or mozilla.org.
- If you can open another site, see:
- If you cannot open another site, continue to the next step.
- Launch another browser, like Internet ExplorerSafariGoogle Chrome, and try to open the site you were having problems with.
Fix issues with popular websites and services (Facebook, YouTube, Google, etc.)
- Some websites or shopping carts don't update
- Fix problems with Facebook games, chat and more
- Change the program used to open email links
- Google Toolbar is no longer compatible with Firefox - Here are some alternatives
- Check that your plugins are up-to-date
Fix problems with how websites work
- Quick fix – try clearing cookies and cache
- Troubleshoot and fix errors when trying to load websites
- Troubleshoot extensions and themes that could be interfering with a website
- Troubleshoot plugins that could be causing problems with a website
- Fix login issues on websites that require a username and password
- Websites say cookies are blocked - Unblock them
- Flash videos won't play full screen
- Fix common audio and video issues
- Firefox can't load websites but other browsers can
- Websites show a spinning wheel and never finish loading
- Firefox and other browsers can't load websites
- Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
- What to do if you can't download or save files