Fix problems with websites like Facebook, YouTube and webmail
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Figure out if it’s Firefox or the website that’s causing the problem?
- Open a new tab and check to see if you can load another website like google.com or mozilla.org.
- If you can open another site, see:
- If you cannot open another site, continue to the next step.
- Launch another browser, like Internet ExplorerSafariGoogle Chrome, and try to open the site you were having problems with.
Fix issues with popular websites and services (Facebook, YouTube, Google, etc.)
- Some websites or shopping carts don't update
- Fix problems with Facebook games, chat and more
- Change the program used to open email links
- Google Toolbar is no longer compatible with Firefox - Here are some alternatives
- Check that your plugins are up-to-date
Fix problems with how websites work
- Quick fix – try clearing cookies and cache
- Troubleshoot and fix errors when trying to load websites
- Troubleshoot extensions and themes that could be interfering with a website
- Troubleshoot plugins that could be causing problems with a website
- Fix login issues on websites that require a username and password
- Websites say cookies are blocked - Unblock them
- Flash videos won't play full screen
- Fix common audio and video issues
- Firefox can't load websites but other browsers can
- Websites show a spinning wheel and never finish loading
- Firefox and other browsers can't load websites
- Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
- What to do if you can't download or save files
Fix problems with how websites look and print
Last Update: 2012-05-10