Fix login and data issues with Firefox Home for iOS
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
If you’ve run into problems getting Firefox Home to work, this article will walk you through the solutions.
Table of Contents
Help, I can't log in!
Please see our dedicated support article: Can't log in to Firefox Home App on iOS - What to do
My data doesn't show up at all
If you can log in successfully but Firefox Home does not sync any data, you should update Firefox Home to the latest version.
This is something you do on your iPhone.
- Open the Apple Store app on your iPhone.
- Tap in the lower right hand corner.
- There should be a Firefox Home update available. Tap the button to install it.
- Once the update is installed, start Firefox Home and tap in the Settings tab. Your tabs, bookmarks and history should load now.
Firefox Home isn’t showing my latest data
Firefox Home only loads up to the last 2000 history items. In addition, using Firefox Home on an iPhone 3G, 1st or 2nd generation iPod Touch with more than 2000 bookmarks may cause the app to not load your data or crash.
Do a quick refresh of your data
Every time you launch Firefox Home it updates its copy of your bookmarks, history and tabs from your Firefox Sync account. To do a quick update your information while using the app, just tap the
If a quick refresh doesn't work, you can try doing a complete refresh of your data by signing out and signing back into Firefox Home.
- In Firefox Home, tap the settings icon at the bottom of the window and then tap the
button at the top of the window.
- Next tap and you will be presented with a log in screen.
- Then click Use Sync to share your Firefox bookmarks, passwords and more with Firefox for mobile for details. and add your iPhone to your Sync account. See
Replace your Sync information
When doing a complete refresh doesn't work or you are missing categories of data (like all your Tabs or all your Bookmarks), you may need to reset your Sync account and create a new copy of your information. To do that, follow the steps in the Replace your Sync information article.
This didn't solve my problem - I still need help!
If you're still having problems with Firefox Home, please try asking your question in our Firefox Home support forum.
Last Update: 2012-06-29