This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Google has added a security feature that prevents third party applications from accessing your Gmail account using the default settings. If you are seeing "password incorrect" or a similar message even with the correct sign in information, it is likely caused by this change.
If you keep seeing these error messages and you're certain that your password is correct, please try the following steps to resolve this issue:
Option 1 - recommended: Set up 2-step verification on your Gmail account.
- Follow the steps to generate an app password.
- Open the MailE-Mail app and sign in using the app password instead of your regular password.
Option 2: Change the authentication settings on your Google account:
- Use your browser to visit the account settings page.
- Sign in to the Google account you want to use.
- Select to allow Access for less secure apps.
After a few minutes, you should be able to sign in to Gmail using the Firefox OS Mail app.