Firefox Private Network is an extension which provides a secure, encrypted tunnel to the web to protect your connection and your personal information anywhere you use Firefox. Whenever you are on the move, you may find yourself taking advantage of the free WiFi at the airport or a cafe. Did you know that there are other people using that same network? This leaves your personal information vulnerable. By using the Firefox Private Network it keeps you protected from hackers lurking in plain sight on public connections.
Firefox Private Network is easy to install, enable and disable, giving you control of your experience. At this time, Private Network is available to subscribe in the U.S. only.
Install Firefox Private Network
All you need is the Firefox Private Network add-on and your Firefox Account.
- Visit the Firefox Private Network page.
- Click the button
- Follow the prompts to install the extension.
- Click the Private Network button
on the toolbar to open the panel.
- Sign in or create a Firefox Account by following the prompts.
Turn Firefox Private Network on or off
- Click the Private Network button on the toolbar to open the panel.
- Click the slider to turn it on or off.