Firefox keeps asking me for master password
- Revision id: 182623
- Creator: Joni
- Comment: new article
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: jsavage
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: jsavage
If you’re using AVG Internet Security, its certificate might be causing Firefox to ask you for a master password every time you start Firefox.
To resolve this problem:
- Deactivate master password:
- Enter about:preferences#privacy in your address bar.
- Click Privacy & Security in the left panel.
- Remove the checkbox next to Use a master password.
- Close Firefox
- Reactivate a master password in about:preferences#privacy (use a previous or different password).
- Close Firefox.
When you reopen Firefox, it should not ask you for your master password again.