Firefox error messages – what they mean and how to fix them
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Fix specific errors
- "Firefox is already running but is not responding" error message - How to fix it
- Could not initialize the application's security component
- Enable SSL to fix the Firefox cannot connect securely error message
- Troubleshoot the "Secure Connection Failed" error message
- Server Not Found - Troubleshoot connection problems
- "This Connection is Untrusted" error message appears - What to do
- Warning Unresponsive script - What it means and how to fix it
- Why does my home page say I need to update Firefox when I have the latest version?
- Re-enable add-ons that were disabled when updating Firefox
- Error messages when Firefox won't start (XULRunner - Error and others)
- Fix problems with Kaspersky, Norton, Google or other toolbars
Fix Firefox TypeError messages
Firefox will popup an error in a number of situations. Most often this is caused by a misbehaving extension.
Disable common problem extensions
Before going through complicated troubleshooting steps, try disabling these extensions:
Click the menu button and choose . The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the panel.
- If you see Orbit downloader or 1-click YouTube downloader extensions, click the
button next to them.
- In the past McAfee SiteAdvisor, ZoneAlarm or PC Tools have also been problems.
- Click .
If the steps above didn't solve the problem, try these articles:
Last Update: 2012-06-01