Firefox Clinic cheat sheet
- Revision id: 22761
- Creator: Verdi
- Comment: Saving work in progress
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Thanks for working with Firefox users today. You Rock!
Here are a few handy tips and links to make things a little easier.
Table of Contents
Find out what’s wrong
- If the user has brought their own computer, help them get connected to wi-fi (Mozilla Guest, password Firefox) and have them show you the problem.
- If the user is doesn’t have a computer with them, start a private browsing session and have them walk you though the problem. Private Browsing instructions
Update Firefox & Plugins
- Let’s get them on the latest version. This may fix the problem - download and install from mozilla.org/firefoxNote: If they are upgrading from 3.6 to the latest, you will probably have to show them around the new version. This article will help - Common questions after upgrading from Firefox 3.6
- Go to mozilla.org/plugincheck and follow instructions to update plugins.
Find a sumo article
Here are articles for some common issues:
- Fix problems with your home page or search
- How to set the home page
- Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars
- What happened to the File, Edit, and View menus?
- Disable or remove Add-ons
- Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode
- Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes
- Websites don't load - troubleshoot and fix error messages
- Use the search bar in Firefox
- Password manager - Remember, delete and change saved passwords in Firefox
- Upgrade your graphics drivers to use hardware acceleration and WebGL
- Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware
- Navigation buttons like back, home, bookmarks and reload are missing
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems
- Usernames and passwords are not saved
- Fix common audio and video issues
- Warning Unresponsive script - What it means and how to fix it
- "Firefox is already running but is not responding" error message - How to fix it
- What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website
- Recover lost or missing Bookmarks
Walk though the solution
- Encourage the user do the steps.
- You can switch the article to show instructions for the users’s operating system (controls in the right hand sidebar of the article).